Which to choose silicone or latex?
Currently, a huge number of products are produced from completely different materials. The properties of materials such as glass, rubber or plastic have been known to many since childhood. But, there is very little information about some materials. Let's try to figure out what is the difference between materials such as silicone and latex?
Silicone is a colorless and odorless synthetic polymer with a certain degree of elasticity. Quality medical silicone is the best material for making sex toys of all shapes, colors and sizes. Pros:
- Durable and flexible, smoothly penetrates the body and maintains its temperature.
- Warm and realistic, pleasant to the touch: smooth, soft and firm.
- Inert - it is not affected by UV radiation, radiation and electrical discharges.
- Hypoallergenic, since there are no specific antibodies to this material in human blood.
- Non-toxic, not prone to chemical reactions
- It does not have a porous surface, therefore it is well sterilized and helps to avoid bacterial infections.
- Safe and widely used in medicine
- It is durable, does not absorb odors and does not lose its shape.
- Products made from this material are easy to care for: they can be washed with soap and water or cleaned with a special antibacterial agent.
- Not the most affordable price.
- Does not tolerate cuts and tears.
- You cannot use a silicone-based lubricant, you can only use water.
Latex is a natural material based on the sap of the Hevea rubber tree. Latex is used to make sexy clothes for role play, condoms, sex toys and medical gloves. Pros:
- Flexible and resilient.
- Capable of heating, creates a sense of realism of what is happening.
- Soft and pleasant to the touch.
- Inexpensive for the price.
- With artificial rubber smell.
- Contains latex proteins (proteins) that can cause an allergic reaction.
- Less durable, may crack and deform at too high or too low temperatures.
What toys do you prefer?