Everything you need to know about lubricants
You can always make sex pleasant for yourself and your partner. However, when buying toys in an intimate store, we forget about an important addition - lubricants. And if some people think that this is a luxury, then we think it is a necessity for gentle and pleasant sex!
What are lubricants?
We propose to figure out what intimate lubricating gels (lubricants) are, what they are for, what types are there and how to use them.
Lubricants are special lubricants for external use, the main purpose of which is to intensively moisturize, which is especially important for dry or hypersensitive skin and mucous membranes of the genital organs. It often happens that a woman produces little natural lubrication and there is a need for additional moisturizing.
First of all, intimate lubricating gels also protect the mucous membrane from the appearance of microcracks and irritation through which infections penetrate, relieve pain and increase comfort, normalize microflora and prevent inflammation.
Lubricants often have additional functions as well, they can be energizing, prolonging, antibacterial, erection enhancers and even penis enlargements!
They have no contraindications for use. In rare cases, an allergic reaction to some of the ingredients in the product may occur. In this case, it is enough to choose the right product from a huge variety of existing lubricants.
Main categories of lubricants
There are several categories of lubricants - water-based, silicone-based and fat-based. The aqueous lubricant contains glycerin. It is easily washed off with water without leaving stains. This water-based lubricant works well with a condom and a variety of sex accessories.
The silicone lubricant is based on the silicone with varying percentages from 4% ( Contex Silk, 100 ml ) to 100% ( Contex Silk, 30 ml ). Silicone lubricants are not recommended for use with silicone sex toys.
The basis of a fatty lubricant is vegetable or animal fat, which, in most cases, is hypoallergenic. These creams are not recommended for use with condoms and sex toys. You can read more about the types of lubricants in our article " What are the lubricants and gels for sex ."
Instructions for use
Lubricating gels are applied to the external genital area of both partners before intimacy, as a result of which the genital tract is moistened and the penis insertion is facilitated.
- Before buying an intimate lubricant, familiarize yourself with its composition for the presence of components that may cause you an allergic reaction.
- When using condoms, the lubricant gel should be applied to the condom, not under it, to prevent the condom from slipping off during intercourse.
- You should not make a lubricant at home using petroleum jelly, vegetable oil, glycerin, and various creams. These funds, firstly, can cause irritation and discomfort. And secondly, they can cause allergies and leave marks on clothes and linen. And thirdly, high-quality lubricants are now available to everyone.
- For oral sex, use only specially formulated lubricants.
- After contact, it is advisable to wash off the remnants of the lubricating gel with warm water and soap. This rule is especially important for those who use heating lubricants.
In a word - give preference to quality brands and do not skimp on special means for sex, because not only your pleasure but also your health depends on it.